Honoring Christ by Serving the Needs of children and Families, that’s our mission statement at Sheridan House. We exist to HELP families!
One of the greatest responsibilities we have as a husband, wife and/or parent is to provide for and protect our family. Most of us do a pretty good job protecting our family, but what happens when we are not here? Who can legally make health care decisions for you if you are incapacitated? Who do you want to care for your children, your pets, and assets if the Lord takes you home early? How can you be sure your directives to these questions are executed?
There are really only three options:
- The State of Florida decides through the process of probate. Probate means the court system handles the administration of your estate (Intestate Succession). This process can take up to two years, requires legal counsel, and during that period all bank accounts and assets are frozen. That creates unnecessary hardship.
- You create a Last Will and Testament (Probate is still required).
- The best option is to create a Family Trust [Irrevocable or Revocable Living Trust]. No probate needed.
We Can Help
We are passionate about this because we’ve seen what happens to loved ones left behind when there’s no plan. Through a partnership with the Financial Planning Ministry, we want to offer all of our supporters the opportunity to secure their loved one’s future by planning ahead now. All at no cost to you. How does that work?
FREE live One-Hour Webinar from your own living room.
The Webinar explains how probate works, the events that are triggered, and how to protect your family from probate. The host thoughtfully explains information on wills, trusts, advanced healthcare directives, guardianship of minor children, and other areas related to estate planning issues.
If you want to go further, Family Planning Ministries makes it simple, and, again, there is no cost to Sheridan House Friends and Family to participate. This has a value of $3,000-$4,000 in savings for you AND it’s super easy.
- Estate Planning Consultant: After you attend the webinar and complete a questionnaire you will have a 1:1 meeting over the phone with an estate planning consultant to create personalized documents at no cost to you.
o Last Will and Testament ($800 value) or
o Living Family Trust ($3,000-$4,000 value)
- Updates: As your family grows and assets change through the years you can amend and update your Will or Trust free of charge through the Financial Planning Ministry (FPM).
- Privacy is protected: If you elect to have your Family Trust or Will created, all financial and personal information is strictly confidential between the client and Family Planning Ministries. Individual client information is not shared with or accessible by Sheridan House.
The first webinar for 2024 is scheduled for Monday, March 18th at 6:30 p.m. and advance registration is required because they will need to email you a secure private link.
Registration is easy—just send an email to email@example.com and we will send you the link to register for the Estate Planning Webinar.
Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly at (954) 414-3385 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.